A 2-year-old child in Entebbe has burnt to ashes after the house he was staying in caught fire on Friday morning.

Kizito Ackram and his 5-year-old brother were left at home alone, sleeping by their mother identified as Aisha Nalubega at Lugonjo in the wee hours of Friday morning.

Kampala metropolitan police mouthpiece Luke Owoyesigirye says the fire broke out after one of the children woke up and lit a candle after realizing there was no electricity.

He says the child failed to position the candle properly, causing it to fall on a mattress, hence the fire.

Owoyesigirye adds that police were informed of the incident by locals who noticed the vicious flames of fire coming from the house and a fire brigade was sent to put it out.

Related Stories
Prince Philip dead: Queen’s husband has died – Here Is his net worth

What is Prince Philip's net worth? Prince Philip had a net worth of £30million ( Read more

ANTI KALE! Mugume temugenda kufa, abasawo bagumizza abantu ku AstraZeneca wa Covid-19

Mugume temugenda kufa lwa AstraZeneca wa Covid-19 Okutya kweyongedde mu ggwanga Uganda olw'abantu abeyongera okufa Read more

He also says that the crime scene was later visited by detectives from Entebbe Police station and ashes of the deceased to City Mortuary Mulago for postmortem examination.

He says statements have been recorded from relevant witnesses, and investigations have commenced in that regard.