Police in Kampala have frustrated an attempt by unknown goons armed with fire arms on Nakulabye Police Station.

Police states that on Wednesday morning at about 4:00 am, the a man armed with an AK 47 riffle approached the police station on an attack mission but was quickly stopped by an alert officer on duty.

ASP Luke Owoyesigyire, the Kampala Metropolitan Deputy Police Spokesperson says the officer (names withheld) was on station guard duty when he spotted one man moving towards the post from the western side.

Owoyesigyire explained to our reporter Minah Nalule that the officer immediately discharged bullets at the alleged attacker who immediately fled the scene, abandoning his AK47 Magazine with 5 rounds of ammunition.

He further states that K9 canines followed the direction the attacker took but failed to trace the suspect and his gang. He says investigations into the matter have commenced aided by CCTV cameras to try to identify the attacker and their movements.

This is the fourth attack on a police post that has turned out to be unsuccessful.

On Thursday last week, two people were arrested in connection to an attack on Gadaffi Barracks in Jinja City.

This was after unknown people attacked the barracks and killed Sergeant Simon Peter Eyagu who was guarding Ambercoat road at the barracks, stealing two guns .

In a press release issued on Friday, the Army Spokesperson Brig Gen Kulayigye said Eyagu was deployed with Corporal Norico Kibirige to guard the small gate of the Ambercoat.

On November 11, unknown assailants opened fire on Kensington Police Post in Kyanja, Nakawa Division around 1 am.

The goons fired two rounds, shuttering the window pane at the police post, putting locals in the area under total fear. No injuries were registered. Police are still retrieving footage from near the area as investigations into the attack commence. 

Three weeks ago, unidentified gunmen raided  Busika police station in Luwero district and shot dead two police officers and injured two others, before robbing two guns. The third officer succumbed to bullet wounds at Mulago hospital.